QC 10.0 and ALM 11.0
There are many cases in which an end-user or site admin would create custom lists during the initial setup of ALM/QC. These lists can be applied to any module and be made a mandatory field when creating new entities.
User must have admin rights to customize any portion of ALM/QC.
Create New List
- Log in to ALM/QC
- Click Tools->Customize
- Click “Project Lists” in the left Navigation Pane
- Click “New List”
- Give your new list a name, click “OK”
- In the right pane, click New Item
- Give your new item a name, click “OK”
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have your list completed
Associate new list with Project Entity
- Click “Project Entities” in the left Navigation Pane
- Expand the Project Entities Tree and find the entity you wish to associate this a new field
- Click “User Fields” in the center pane
- Click “+New Field”
- In the label field, enter a unique name that end-users will see.
- Change Type to “Lookup List”
- In the Lookup List pane, select the list you created in the previous set of steps.
- If you wish to make this a required field, select the “Required” checkbox
- Click Save located above the center pane.
- Click “Return” in the upper right corner of the screen
Navigate to the appropriate module and verify list customization has been applied appropriately.