Performance Center 12.53
Run test failed. Reason: Failed to download scripts to Controller
McAfee Software on these systems are detailed as followed.
McAfee Agent: 18.104.22.168
Endpoint Security Threat Prevention: 10.5.1.1294
Endpoint Security Platform: 10.5.1.1216
• Added WLRun.exe to On-Access Scan Low Risk Process List policy
1. Initially provided by the vendor, but this did not resolve the issue.
2. Initial Performance test with this exclusion failed.
Added LTOPSvc.exe to On-Access Scan Low Risk Process List policy
(LTOPSvc.exe located under “C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Performance Center Host\bin”)
1. Once added to list, Testing was successful
Also specified which hosts to run, those results were successful
2. Removed exclusion to verify if it was the cause
Once removed, tests began failing again.
3. Re-Added exclusion and verified it to be the solution
Tested on specific hosts and results were successful
Notes: The process LTOPSvc.exe would begin utilizing CPU when testing was immediately initialized, and via Task Manager I could see it Spike up initially, which led me to investigate that process and add it to the Low Risk List.